Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturday scenes and scenery: San Francisco decorates for the season

In the absence of an evergreen, just hang your globes from the nearest high place.

We don't have snow here, but we hang snowflakes.

I love this -- I might even buy one. It comes from a display ad on a bus shelter which promises you can get something less tacky if you'll just visit the museum store being advertised.

Some of the best Xmas displays are in store windows. No, I didn't get what they are advertising. (UPDATE: turns out that Colonel Sanders is Xmas fare in Japan.)

I rather liked this tasteful Santa on someone's front door.

Back to those bushes ...

These photos are by-products of my photo blog, 596 Precincts -- Walking San Francisco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i missed walking the SF streets this Christmas season. We won't be in the city until after New Year's, but that's okay. Perhaps by then the tinsel and tourists will be gone