Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Warming Wednesdays: Trees?

This is another of those phenomena of our culture that I never would have known about if I hadn't been locked down in a dentist's chair for two hours, trying to distract myself by watching "Dr. Phil" on the overhead TV. I couldn't find that clip, but here, from CNN, is an introduction to the young man I encountered that day. Meet Felix Finkbeiner.


We want to know, why isn't there more action?

I don't know whether tree planting can save us from the results of our profligate burning of fossil fuels, but I know I like Felix. We could do worse than to follow his lead.

Despite every other legitimate concern, we cannot ignore that our economic and social system is rapidly making the planet less habitable. So I will be posting "Warming Wednesdays" -- unpleasant reminders of an inconvenient truth.

No comments: