Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Theme of the day



Does this head roll next?


Perhaps Congress will spit out a tax on bonuses paid to financial wizards who are sucking at the public teat. Or hold hearings. Or something. Marc Ambinder of the Atlantic has an interesting take on the situation:

I don't know whether these gestures will mollify the public. If they do, then there wasn't really a populist backlash to begin with. If they don't, and the well of anger is deep, then I think President Obama will be granted collective permission to change the economic structure of this country in ways that we can't yet comprehend.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I don't know about anyone else but I am angry. I haven't the time nor energy to express myself in detail but, dammit, I am sick to death of these morons getting away with murder. Yes, murder!!!! The greedy bastards are killing us ordinary mortals and nobody cares.